Preventing sexual violence
Community based Sexual Violence Prevention
We are working with a number of community groups and partners in Bradford to develop and deliver community based prevention programmes. These participatory programs address gender inequality and harmful gender norms. They engage men, empower women, build community capacities and increase awareness and access to information/resources.
Sexual Violence Prevention in Schools
Bradford Rape Crisis & Sexual Abuse Survivors Service offers free, participatory, age-appropriate, evidence-based SELFIE workshops.
SELFIE stands for Sexualisation, Exploitation, Love, Friendships, Information and Empowerment.
Our sexual violence prevention workshops:
- Increase students’ understanding of the processes and impacts of gender stereotypes
- Support young people to develop their critical thinking skills and media literacy
- Increase understanding of consent and how to seek, give and not give consent
- Enable students to recognise different kinds of abuse
- Encourage students to challenge sexism and sexual bullying amongst their peers where possible
- Ensure students know where they can seek help